Rick Sadorf is a founder and Managing Member of Cook Sadorf Law. Rick is both an attorney and a certified public accountant. Rick has been practicing for almost 20 years as both a lawyer and CPA. He is licensed in Florida.His dual discipline has enabled Rick to participate in a wide variety of industries and business matters including auditing, federal income tax, savings and loans, small manufacturing, retail and wholesale business, financial services, computer leasing, international wholesale distribution, commercial real estate, condominium and other real estate development, title insurance, golf and resort management, acquisitions and mergers, estate planning, commercial contracts, corporate governance, tax controversy, and some litigation. During his career Rick has served as:
- Certified public accountant for Lindgren, Callihan, Weaver & VanOsdol, an Illinois regional CPA firm
- Controller for Schneck Aviation, Inc.
- Internal auditor for Lucky Stores, Inc.
- V.P. of Internal Audit for Fortune Savings Bank
- CFO/Owner of Beach Financial Corporation
- General Counsel & CFO for Toner Distributing, Inc.
Prior to his legal career, Rick spent nearly 20 years as a successful CPA and entrepreneur. As the owner of both a computer leasing and wholesale office supply distribution company he is fully aware of the challenges and issues facing business owners in ever changing economic and regulatory environments.
Rick earned his undergraduate degree in accountancy from Northern Illinois University (1974) and his Juris Doctor degree from Stetson Law School (1994).