Rick is both an attorney and a certified public accountant. Rick has been practicing for almost 20 years as both a lawyer and CPA. He is licensed in Florida. His dual discipline has enabled Rick to participate in a wide variety of industries and business matters including auditing, federal income tax, savings and loans, small manufacturing, retail and wholesale business, financial services, computer leasing, international wholesale distribution, commercial real estate, condominium and other real estate development, title insurance, golf and resort management, acquisitions and mergers, estate planning, commercial contracts, corporate governance and tax controversy.
Prior to his legal career, Rick spent nearly 20 years as a successful CPA and entrepreneur. As the owner of both a computer leasing and wholesale office supply distribution company he is fully aware of the challenges and issues facing business owners in ever changing economic and regulatory environments.
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Juris Doctor - 1994
- Northern Illinois university - 1974
- Major: Accountancy
Past Employment Positions
- Lindgren, Callihan, Weaver & VanOsdol, an Illinois regional CPA firm, Certified public accountant
- Schneck Aviation, Inc., Controller
- Lucky Stores, Inc., Internal auditor
- Internal Audit for Fortune Savings Bank, V.P.
- Beach Financial Corporation, CFO/Owner
- Toner Distributing, Inc., General Counsel & CFO